Here you can get Driving in Fog Safely and Clear Fog from Windshield.
While fog occurs most frequently during the winter, it should be treated as a hazard which may be encountered at any time of year. The weather are often misty even in summer, and sea fog is usually a possibility on a coastal road. The simple answer to the matter of driving in fog is don’t, but there’ll always be occasions, for instance if a journey is important otherwise you are caught on the road, once you need to drive on. However, if fog is really dense, bear in mind that an unscheduled stop during a hotel is infinitely preferable to a spell in hospital.
Tips for Driving in Fog
1. Slow down. Driving at normal speeds in fog can be very dangerous. make certain to hamper so you’ve got longer to react if traffic stops or other hazards appear. When visibility is severely limited, find a secure place to park, faraway from travel lanes, and await conditions to enhance .
2. Always headlights, never brights. Avoid using high-beam headlights in fog as fog consists of small water droplets that spread and reflect light. While your high beams aren’t useful within the fog, remember to turn on your low-beam headlights to assist other drivers see you.
3. Stay focused on the road. Driving in fog isn’t a time for multi-tasking. Turn down the radio, stop conversations with other passengers and keep your attention on the road. avalanche your window to assist you hear other traffic on the road.
The basic rule for driving in fog is that you must reduce your speed so that you’ll stop within the range of your vision, albeit this means a speed of only 5mph. Of course, such a low speed would probably make it pointless to persevere together with your journey. You’re asking for trouble if you plan to drive faster than ‘braking distance rate’; soon you’ll hit something or someone.
Some drivers are tempted to select up a reference point and follow it blindly. you’ll be lucky and obtain away with this system for years, but eventually you’ll crash into the rear of a stationary, unlit vehicle. White lines and cats eyes should be used only as a guide to where the road goes, so rely instead on your own eyesight. Never straddle a centre reference point – you might meet someone coming the opposite way doing precisely the same thing.
Always be prepared to find somewhere safe to prevent and await the fog to lift if it’s very dense. don’t park where another vehicle might run into the rear of you, and leave your sidelights and hazard warning lights switched on.
What is the reason for Foggy Car Windows?
Glass car windows act as a surface for condensation, causing water droplet forming on them. Condensation may be a process when water vapour or humidity contained within the air transforms into its liquid form after being exposed to a colder surface.
For example, consider a metallic container holding ice cubes. thanks to this ice, the metal surface is far cooler than its outside atmosphere.
Therefore, when outside air touches this metal surface, droplets of water are formed. These droplets are referred to as condensates. an equivalent principle applies to your car windows also. Before you’ll reach a solution to ‘how to urge rid of foggy windshield’, you must understand how it’s created. allow us to assume that you simply are inside a car with its AC turned on.
However, the surface temperature is sweltering. Under such a circumstance, humid air from the surface touches the cold glass and immediately condensates on its outer surface. Similarly, if air within a car were warmer than air outside it, this condensation would occur on the inner surface of a window. Regardless of which side of the glass such a fog forms, your primary concern should be getting rid of it.
How to clear Fog from Windshield during Summer
In the summertime, condensates form on the outer surface of car windows. to prevent such a thing from happening, you’ll employ one among these following methods:
- Reduce AC Temperature – Cranking up the AC inside your car during hot and humid summer days can feel good. However, such a habit aids in creating a definite temperature difference inside and out of doors your vehicle. Thus, if you are doing not need a layer of fog on the windshield while you drive, dial down your AC unit. this may slowly increase inside temperatures to match outside mercury level.
- Crack Car Windows Open A Bit– If you’ll bear the summer heat while driving, the only solution to stop fog formation on window glasses would be to roll them down a touch . As soon as outside air starts coming into the vehicle, internal temperatures equalise, thereby dissipating condensates. Still, this might not be an option for everyone , considering the blistering heat that some place of India undergoes during summers.
- Turn on Windshield Wipers – Perhaps the foremost obvious answer to the question ’how to get rid of fog from outside windshield’ is to power on the vehicle’s windshield wipers. If turning on the wipers seem to form things worse, you’ll spray some cleaners then use the wipers instead.
How to clear Fog from Windshield during Winter
In winter, this formation of fogs on glass windows is reversed. instead of on the outer surface of these windows, droplets will form on the inside.
Since air outside at such times tends to be cooler than within your car, such a phenomenon takes place. Here are some ways to stop this:
- Decrease Inside Temperature – Crank up your air-conditioning unit to match the surface temperature. This immediately stops further water droplets from forming on the glass surface. However, this added cold might not suit everyone. Drivers can offset a number of the discomfort by carrying an additional layer of clothing with them.
- activate ‘Fresh Air Mode’ – Fresh air mode refers to a specific facility through which the car can circulate air from the surface without a sudden and drastic decrease within the inside temperatures. Instead, the within temperatures are gradually equalised with the external ones. Doing so clears up any fog formation on your windshield and windows. While doing this, confirm that the recirculation mode is turned off, as this feature prevents external air from entering your car. Instead, this mode is for recirculating the air within the confined spaces of the vehicle.
- Utilise the Defogger Functionality – search for a button marked with a square and three squiggly arrows pointed upward. This defogger button is immensely useful to drivers in extremely cold climates. Turning this on sends a blast of air to the within surface of your car’s windshield. The air in question is at an equivalent temperature as that of the air outside, thereby swiftly clearing up any foggy glasses.
Useful tips to deal with Foggy Vehicle Windows
Besides the aforementioned methods, you’ll also implement these age-old techniques to stop fog formation on your car windows altogether.
- Shaving Foam on Car Windows– Believe it or not, using toiletry on your car’s windshield may be a sure-fire thanks to eliminate foggy surfaces. Take a clean cloth and apply a coating of toiletry on the windows with it. confirm that this foam remains on the glass for a minimum of 3-5 minutes. Then, use another dry cloth to wipe off the remaining foam residue. The toiletry creates an invisible layer of protection on the glass, thereby preventing condensation from setting in. Don’t believe us? Try it out!
- Using Silica Balls – Silica balls absorb moisture from the air. Therefore, keeping a couple of of them inside a sock or other such cloth, and placing them on the dashboard should prevent fogging from car windows. A dehumidifier bag also does an equivalent job. If you’ll get your hands on one or more of those bags, keep them on the car’s dashboard.