Here you can get Applications Of Electromagnetic clutch. Electromagnetic Clutch operate via an electric actuation but transmit torque mechanically. When current flows through the clutch coil, the coil becomes an Electromagnet and produces magnetic lines of flux as soon as the clutch armature and rotor are engaged, lock up is 100%.
An electromagnetic clutch is a clutch that is engaged and disengaged by an electromagnetic actuator. Electromagnetic clutch works electrically but it transmits torque mechanically. So it is known as the Electromagnetic Clutch. And various clutches modified and designed from electromagnetic clutches. In the electromagnetic clutch, the flywheel consists of winding. The current is supplied to the winding from battery or dynamo.
Applications Of Electromagnetic Clutch
- Electromagnetic clutches are used in conveyor drives, Copy machines, and lawnmowers.
- And also used in packaging machinery, food processing machinery, printing machinery, and factory automation.
- They may be used for faraway utility due to the fact they do now no longer require linkage to actuate the clutch.
- Electromagnetic clutch utilized in printing machinery, conveyor drives, copier machines and manufacturing facility automation.
- In an automobile, it replaces clutch pedal via way of means of a easy transfer button.
- A smaller EM clutch is used to pressure the compressor of air conditioning system.
What is a Clutch?
Clutch place an important role in transmitting power between the engine and the gearbox. It is used to change the gear to increase or decrease the speed of an automobile. Clutch is used to disengage the engine and gearbox to change the gear.
Electromagnetic Clutch Working
- In the initial condition when the engine is off the clutch is disengaged and there will be an air gap between the rotor and hub.
- When the engine starts the rotor starts rotating which connected with the engine shaft.
- DC current is supplied into clutch winding with the help of battery supply.
- DC current converts this winding into electromagnet to attract armature towards it.
- Armature forces friction plate towards the rotor and make rotate the hub.
- Therefore hub rotates and the rotor transmits 100% torque during engage position.
- When the clutch is pressed the battery stops power supply which removes electromagnetic force hence the clutch is disengaged.
At low speeds when the dynamo or battery output is low, the clutch is not firmly engaged. Three springs are also provided on the pressure plate which helps the clutch engaged (Connected) firmly at low speed also.
Advantages of Electromagnetic Clutch
- It can be used in a remote location.
- It is used in automatic transmission.
- Fast and easy to operate
Disadvantages of Electromagnetic Clutch
- Because energy dissipates as heat in the electromagnetic actuator every time the clutch is engaged, there is a risk of overheating. This is a major limitation.
- This clutch should operate at less temperature because it is isolating material.
- Its cost is high.