Here you can get Application Of Cone Clutch. Cone Clutch having friction surfaces in the form of a cone.
The engine crankshaft consists of a female cone. The male cone is mounted on the splined clutch shaft. Cone clutch has friction surfaces on the conical portion. The male cone can easily slide on the clutch shaft.
Cone Clutch Application
- Cone clutch is used in low peripheral speed applications.
- Cone clutch is common in automobiles and other combustion engine transmissions.
- It is also used in very specialist transmissions in racing, rallying, or in extreme off-road vehicles.
- Cone clutches are used in power boats.
- Small cone clutches are used in synchronizer mechanisms in manual transmissions.
- Cone Clutches are used in professional transmissions in racing, rallying, or in excessive off-street or different industrial applications.
- Presswork, Machine Tools, Racing Car.
- Cone clutches are used in heavy automobiles as they could transmit high torque.
- Cone clutches are used is racing boats.
- Cone snatch is likewise utilized in excessive off-avenue automobiles.
- It is likewise utilized in low peripheral velocity applications.
- It is likewise used as a synchronizer in various manual transmissions.
When the clutch is engaged (When the clutch pedal is not pressed) the friction surfaces of the male cone are in contact with the female cone due to the force of the spring. The power is transmitted from engine to transmission.
When the clutch is disengaged (When the clutch pedal is pressed) the male cone slides against the spring force. Now, the power does not transmit from the engine.
The normal force acting on the friction surfaces is greater than the axial force. Like in Single plate clutch, the normal force acting on the friction surfaces is equal to the axial force.
The main disadvantage of Cone clutch is If the angle of the cone is made smaller than 200 the male cone tends to bind in the female cone and it becomes difficult to disengage the clutch.